- Sound::Gender::Feminism::Activism 2016, University of the Arts London – CALL FOR CONTRIBUTION Deadline July 8th, 2016
- Silent Cinema and the Transition to Sound Colloquium 23rd May – 24th May
- CFP Feminism and Sound, Commentary and Criticism – Feminist Media Studies due 22/7/16
- Urban vibrations: selfhood, sound and the city – Magda Stawarska-Beavan in conversation with James Mansell – Nottingham Contemporary, Tues 10th May.
- Sound Thought Glasgow CCA 30th March – 1st April
Author Archives: Martin Parker
http://www.euppublishing.com/doi/story/10.3366/news.2013.09.11.187 The New Soundtrack Special Issue: Perspectives on Sound Design Call for Papers One hundred years ago futurist artist Luigi Russolo invented mechanical synthesisers, called Intonarumori, capable of producing and controlling noise-sounds. This, together with the emergence of recording technology, … Continue reading
Pasted from here: http://www.soundstudies.eu/odense-may-2014-sound-studies-a-discipline-second-international-conference-of-the-european-sound-studies-association-essa/ “Sound Studies: Mapping the Field” will be the title of the second international ESSA conference. It will take place at the University of Copenhagen, June 27-29, 2014. Among the themes are: Case studies that testify to … Continue reading